Trucking is not an industry where you often get to boast that something is "As Seen on TV." For us, we get to say that about our whole operation! If you're a fan of CMT or the reality tv circuit, you might remember a little show called Trick My Truck, the brainchild of a handful of producers with a love of the trucking industry that was brought to life right here in our Joplin bodyshop.
The whole thing found its roots while we were presenting at the Reno, Nevada Truck Show in 2004. If you've seen us at shows, you know how busy we get. It's one of our favorite parts of the job. At this particular show, we had the Outlaw truck displayed as well as Rod PIckett's black 359.
The producers from CMT had flown into this event to scout around for a crew to help them with this custom semi-truck show idea, and were combing through the booths looking for leads. Person after person directed them to our booth, insisting that we were THE people to see if you wanted a quality custom job.
Once they found us, the speed at which we built chemistry was pretty insane. They had a camera crew in Joplin filming us at our business within just a few days!
We get a lot of questions and interest in the years we put into the show. This page is here to talk about the experience and give you some insight into a crazy period of time for the 4-State Family.
1. How many episodes did you shoot?
2. How many of your employees were involved in the show?
3. Are any of them still wih you?
4. What was your favorite episode?
5. About how long did one episode take to shoot?
6. How challenging was it to get you work on film?
7. What kind of reaction did you see from your customer base?
8. Do you miss doing the show?